Thursday, March 26, 2009

How do you get a 90 lb dog in the house without her paws touching the floor?

The plus side to our house is that we have a lot of tile and the downside is we have a lot of tile! It's quite a bit of work to clean the floors, in fact it usually takes me about 2 hours of sweeping, mopping and then "touch-ups" on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile. I only do it once a week but it needs to be done at least 3 times a week with a toddler and big huge dog! But eh...once a week is more than enough for me. I would like to enforce paper booties in the house, but I'm not that crazy yet!

Yesterday we had some rain and our backyard can get really muddy since we don't have sod yet. Just patches of grass here and there. One of two things usually happens with regard to Lucy when it rains: she gets taken out the front door on the leash to potty or I stand by the backdoor and wipe her paws clean. Well, Lucy decided to do laps around the backyard this evening since Eric was out there working on Joss' swingset. Then Lucy found a mud pile to stick her face in AND then proceeded sit down. She was a huge MESS! And she was not going to go through any door to get into the house (as mentioned above today was floor cleaning day!) So, how did 90-pound Lucy get in the house to get cleaned up?


Look at those dirty paws and that mud-riddled face!



Haha! This cracks me up! I almost peed my pants taking the picture!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Oh my word, too funny! It looks like Eric is carrying an enormous sheep! And Kate Gosselin forces people to wear those booties in her house...if only you were as crazy as she is, you could totally pull that off! :)